CAREERS & INTERNSHIPS
Graphic Design Intern
Life for Relief and Development is looking for a graphic design intern to benefit the organization and boost his academic resume with experience. You will work closely with the graphic design and marketing teams to create materials. Life appreciates its interns for their well design sensibility and promotes their professional development during their terms.
Team up with the marketing department and support campaigns with design ideas
Create graphics and design layouts for print ads, flyers, posters, postcards, email newsletters, website, and social media accounts
Prior experience creating graphics in support of design
Focusing on design theory to market campaigns and appeals ranging from Adobe Illustrator to Photoshop.
Passion for the design process and the consideration to different project goals a graphic design internship will be prepared for future in house work at other companies/organizations.
Send your an email to: email@example.com
The Marketing Intern will play an essential role in marketing our organization by supporting tactical implementation of key strategies through fundraising and event planning. This will involve getting hands-on with a wide array of marketing projects from web writing to event ideas and proposals, as well as executing ongoing fund organizational tasks.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment. Through this experience, the intern will gain broad experience in various aspects of marketing including branding, campaign planning and execution, and valuable insight into the publishing and education industries.
Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills
Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Office products
Strong enthusiasm and desire to learn
Must possess an open and receptive attitude and enjoy solving problems for others
Must be team-oriented, able to handle numerous interruptions and be detailed oriented
Send your an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
· Reports to: CFO
· Work Location: Southfield, Michigan
· Level of Travel Required: 10%
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintain accounts reconciliation and analysis including Cash receipts-A/R, Cash disbursements - A/P, Inventory, Fixed Assets and all necessary adjusting Journal Entries and month-end closing.
· Ensure the timely reporting of financial reports including Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities, and Budget, Forecasting, Cash Flows, Ratios and all related Ad Hoc financial data analysis.
· Monitor daily revenue and distribute expenditures in accordance with approved budget.
· Maintain ADP payroll records including posting all Journal Entries, ADP Online, W-4, 1099 forms, and payroll tax withholding remittances with IRS
· Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules; prepare monthly detail General Journal entries; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
· Coordinate and provide all necessary financial records/data to the external auditors and ensure compliance with US GAAP & IRS regulations.
· Perform special and specific financial and statistical analysis as requested
· Adhere to the Internal Controls Policies and Procedures established for the organization
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and at least two years of accounting experience preferably in an non-profit environment
· Must have at least two years of experience in Accounting preferably in nonprofit QuickBooks, Peachtree is a plus
· Solid understanding of GAAP and grant accounting processes
· Experience in Revenue recognition, Budgeting, A/P, A/R, Bank renunciation and GAAP
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Access, etc), Advanced experience using Excel
· Understanding of Islamic practices such as Zakat, Udhiya, and other related guidelines essential
· Motivation and commitment to humanitarian principles required.
· Must possesses excellent communication skills, be well-organized, and able to work well in a team environment.
· All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or otherwise legally authorized to work in the U.S. – no work sponsorships are offered
· Must be able to commute to the head office in Southfield, Michigan. RELOCATION AT OWN EXPENSE.
· Expected to work Monday-Friday 9 am – 5 pm
· Available and Able to travel both domestically and internationally (Must Have valid passport)
Interested candidates should send their resume with a cover letter to email@example.com