Updated: Oct 19, 2018
Life for Relief and Development in partnership with MADR distributed emergency food and relief items to families affected by hurricane Florence in Lumberton, Fairmont, Seven Springs, Clinton and Garland, North Carolina.
The following items were distributed:
· Lowe’s gift cards given to people severely impacted in need of home repairs
· N95 respirators
· Bug spray
· Contractor trash bags
· Clorox cleaning wipes
· Mold remover spray
· Replacement lawn mower for disabled family whose home and belongings flooded
· Housing assistance for a disabled family found living in unsafe flooded home with electrical, air conditioner, and mold damage
· Food items including fresh fruit
· Bottled water
· Hygiene products including feminine products
· Toilet paper and paper towels
An estimated 5,000+ people received assistance. Information about legal rights of tenants as well as information on coping with trauma was also distributed. The team assisted in fixing tarps to roofs of elderly family homes and emotional support was given to many who said Life was the first help they had received and everyone was very thankful for the items they received.